Thursday 25 July 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19

Something that never fails to make you feel better.

There's really no fail safe thing, not one thing makes me feel better 100% of the time. Music makes me feel better a lot of the time, particularly Metallica and Bullet For My Valentine, but the success rate is probably somewhere around 60%. Shopping usually makes me feel better. They don't call it retail therapy for nothing, but often when I'm out I feel extremely self conscious after I've seen myself reflected in a shop window, and then there's the buyers remorse that can manifest afterwards. I'd say shoppings success rate is roughly 70%. The thing that makes me feel the best is to stay precisely in my comfort zone (my room, my bed) curled up with a good book, watching a movie or something else distracting, even better if my candles are lit or my fairy lights are on. Then just going to sleep, 9 times out of 10 I'll feel much better when I've woken up, that's a 90% success rate. Of course there's always those times I have an amazing and realistic dream and wake up feeling extremely disappointed and just as depressed as before I went to sleep. That sucks hard.
But really, the best thing for it is just to put on your mask, hope there's no cracks in it and just keep on pretending everything is A-Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment